Boneless Pork Loin Roast Wrapped in Pancetta
- 4 oz. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Boneless Pork Loin Roast (portioned into 2 pound roasts)
- Salt to taste
- 1 oz. black pepper
- 8 oz. pancetta
- 1 oz. Thyme
- Butcher’s netting & twine
- 6 garlic cloves (peeled & cut into thirds)
- 6 sprigs of fresh rosemary (2-inch sprigs)
- 6 fresh bay leaves
- 2 garlic heads
- 2 lemons
- Place a heavy bottom sauté pan onto a medium flame and add the extra virgin olive oil. Allow to heat for 1 minute. Add pork loin roast, season to taste with salt and cracked black pepper. Brown the roast on all sides. Upon complete outer caramelization of the pork loin roast, transfer the pork loin roast to a half sheet pan containing a glazing rack. Allow the pork loin to cool for 1 hour.
- On a clean surface arrange the pancetta slices allowing for a slight over lapping. Sprinkle the thyme leaves over the shingled pancetta slices. Place the pork loin roast in the center of the shingled pancetta and gently envelope the pork loin roast. Carefully place the wrapped roast through a butcher’s horn containing the butcher’s netting. Tie each end of the netted pork loin roast. Arrange the garlic, rosemary and bay leaves through the openings of the netting. Insure that the condiments are secured.
- Place the pork loin roasts onto a glazing rack and then onto a sheet pan. Place the pork loin roast wrapped in pancetta into a pre-heated 300°F oven and cook to desired temperature. Allow the roast to rest for 5 minutes, remove the butcher’s netting and slice into desired thicknesses and served with a roasted half lemon and garlic heads.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.