Pork Loin Pambazo
- 12 oz. pork loin
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 Tbsp. Mexican oregano
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- ½ medium onion, sliced, divided
- 2 Tbsp. salt
- 2 oz. canola oil
- 2 telera tortas or Kaiser rolls
- Guajillo Salsa (recipe below)
- 1 14-oz. can refried black beans, warmed
- 6 oz. romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 6 oz. queso fresco
- 1 8-oz. can guajillo chiles
- 2 limes, juiced
- ¼ bunch cilantro
- ½ cup water
- 2 tsp. salt
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
Dish Type:Entrée, Sandwich
- Marinate pork loin in orange juice, oregano, garlic, 1/4 sliced onions and salt. Place in resealable plastic bag for 15 minutes to overnight for more flavorful piece of pork.
- After pork has marinated, place pork loin in preheated 350°F oven on sheet pan, and roast 15 minutes or until pork reaches 150°F.
- Once pork is cooked, remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes before slicing into 1/4-inch slices.
- Heat up dry skillet, and add canola oil. Dip bread into Guajillo Salsa, and then toast in skillet.
- Remove bread, and on bottom half, spread warm black beans, sliced pork loin, shredded romaine, remaining sliced onions, avocado and queso fresco.
- For Guajillo Salsa, in a blender, place all ingredients and puree until smooth. If too thick, thin out with more water if needed.
To order, contact your Smithfield Farmland sales representative.