Braised Chicken and Sausage
- 1½ lbs fingerling potatoes, cut lengthwise
- 6 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 6 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- 6 oz Smoked Sausage
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ½ cup chopped hot Calabrian chiles
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Toss potatoes in a little bit of oil with some salt, and roast for 15 minutes until slightly tender.
- In pan, season chicken with remaining salt and pepper, and brown in remaining extra virgin olive oil.
- Remove chicken and add sausage, onions, garlic and peppers, and sauté for 4-5 minutes.
- Add chicken, potatoes and remaining ingredients into pan, and bring to simmer.
- Top with piece of aluminum foil, and place in oven for 25-35 minutes until chicken is cooked through and tender.
To order, contact your Smithfield Farmland sales representative.