Breakfast Gnocchi Skillet with Smoked Sausage & Tomatoes
- 1 lb shelf-stable gnocchi
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 pt grape tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
- 12 oz Eckrich by Smithfield® Smoked Sausage, sliced into ¼ -inch-thick coins
- 1 each medium red and green bell peppers, diced
- 1 oz fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 oz fresh Parmesan
- 1 oz fresh basil
- 8 eggs, poached
Dish Type:Entrée, Side Dish
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil over medium-high heat. Add gnocchi and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Set aside.
- Heat large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat; add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add grape tomatoes and blister, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove and set aside with gnocchi.
- Add smoked sausage and bell peppers to hot skillet, and cook until they begin to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in gnocchi and tomatoes, and cook until all is combined.
- Remove skillet from heat, and season with salt and pepper.
- Top with Parmesan and fresh basil. Top with poached eggs, and serve immediately.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.