Sweet Potato Hash with Smoked Sausage
- Water, as needed
- 3 cups peeled ¼”-diced sweet potatoes
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 oz smoked bacon, for garnish
- 1 cup ¼-inch-diced Eckrich by Smithfield® Smoked Sausage
- ¼ cup ¼-inch-diced sweet onions
- ½ tsp minced fresh garlic
- ¼ cup ¼-inch-diced green bell peppers
- ¼ cup ¼-inch-diced red bell peppers
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ cup bias-cut green onions, for garnish
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
Dish Type:Entrée, Side Dish
- Bring stock pot of water to boil, add sweet potatoes, and cook on medium to high heat until they are al dente. Drain, using colander. Place sweet potatoes on sheet tray and into refrigerator to ensure they cool quickly.
- Warm 12″-skillet over medium heat. Add oil, heat until oil moves around pan freely.
- Add bacon, cook until crisp, remove, and set aside.
- Add sausage and cook until golden brown, 1-2 minutes on medium heat.
- Layer in onions, garlic and peppers, and cook until tender and onions begin to look translucent, about 3-5 minutes or to desired consistency.
- Add blanched sweet potatoes back to skillet, and place on low heat.
- Allow ingredients to fully incorporate for 5-7 minutes and for potatoes to become tender.
- Once potatoes are tender, remove from heat.
- Add crisp smoked bacon and green onions as garnish and serve.
To order, contact your Smithfield Farmland sales representative.