Smoked Sausage Breakfast Sandwich
- 2 Tbsp sambal chile paste
- 1 oz fresh ginger, peeled and diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Salt, to taste
- 8 oz Eckrich by Smithfield® Smoked Sausage
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 4 pretzel buns, sliced in half horizontally
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Combine sambal, ginger, garlic, vinegar and sesame oil in blender, and purée until smooth.
- Whisk purée into mayonnaise and add salt.
- Slice sausage into one-half-inch-thick rounds, and griddle on both sides until well browned.
- Fry eggs on griddle or nonstick pan, flipping once, until over medium or desired doneness.
- Toast pretzel buns on sliced sides until warmed through.
- To assemble, place 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture on both top and bottom of each pretzel bun half.
- Lay out one-quarter of avocado on each bottom bun, follow with 3-4 slices sausage, 1 fried egg and top half of bun.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.