Brunch Fried Rice
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 3 Tbsp Smithfield Breakfast Sausage, cut into ¼-inch slices
- ½ cup steamed rice, warm
- 2 Tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp sambal
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 Tbsp scallions, thinly sliced Sesame seeds, as needed
- Heat large sauté pan, add butter, garlic, ginger and breakfast sausage, and sauté mixture on high until garlic just begins to turn golden brown.
- Add steamed rice, and sauté until rice is fragrant and beginning to toast.
- Add tamari and sambal, and cook until everything is hot and very aromatic.
- Push rice mixture over to one side of pan, and add beaten eggs to exposed side. Once egg is cooked, break it up into small pieces and mix it in with rice mixture.
- Add scallions, and toss everything together until evenly mixed.
- Spoon into small bowl, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.