Creamed Corn with Smithfield Maple Sausage
- 6 oz Smithfield Maple Breakfast Sausage
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 green onions, sliced thinly, green and white parts separated
- 16 oz fresh corn cut off cobb
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 8 oz milk
- 8 oz cream
- Salt, to taste
- White pepper, to taste
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
Dish Type:Side Dish
- In pan, melt butter and start to render out sausage until fully cooked.
- Add white parts of green onions, and sweat for 1 minute.
- Follow with corn, and cook gently for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle on cornstarch, and absorb fat in pan.
- Add milk and cream, and bring to boil. Mixture should thicken.
- Reduce mixture to desired thickness, and season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with green part of green onions.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.