Herbed Pork Ribeye Roast with Cauliflower
- 1 8-rib Rack of Pork, frenched
- 4 teaspoons dried thyme, or 1/4 cup fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 8 cups cauliflower florets, (about 1 large head)
- 4 shallots, sliced
- 3 slices bacon, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
Chardonnay Butter Sauce
- 1 cup Chardonnay, or other dry white wine or apple juice
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, (3/4 stick) cut into 10 or 12 pieces
- Salt and pepper
Product:Rack of Pork
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Arrange one oven rack in the lower third of the oven and one in the upper third. In a small bowl, combine thyme, salt and pepper.
- Set 2 teaspoons of herb mixture aside (or 5 teaspoons if using fresh thyme), then sprinkle remaining mixture over all sides of the pork.
- Place pork fat side up in a shallow roasting pan, and then place pan on the lower rack in the oven; roast until the internal temperature reaches between 145° F. (medium rare) to 160° F. (medium),
1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours.
- About 30 minutes before pork is done, in a large bowl, combine cauliflower, sliced shallots and reserved herb mixture.
- Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet and scatter bacon on top. Place baking sheet on the upper rack in the oven, and roast until cauliflower is tender and bacon is browned, about 40 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the Chardonnay Butter Sauce:
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine wine, cream and diced shallots and bring to a boil.
- Cook; stirring occasionally, until reduced to 2/3 cup, about 10 minutes (adjust heat to avoid boiling over).
- Remove from heat and whisk in butter, 2 or 3 pieces at a time, waiting until the pieces are melted before adding more. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover to keep warm, set aside.
Remove the roast from oven and let rest 10 minutes (the cauliflower will continue cooking; it should be done about when the roast is finished resting).
Slice the roast between the rib bones. Serve drizzled with the pan juices, and with the cauliflower and sauce on the side.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.