Maple-Mustard Glazed Spare Ribs
- 4 pounds Spare Ribs
- Salt, as needed
- ½ tsp. mixed pickling spices
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- ½ cup maple-flavored syrup
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon-style mustard
- ½ tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
- Sprinkle spareribs with salt.
- Tie pickling spice in cheesecloth and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan cook onion in oil until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add cheesecloth packet, syrup, vinegar, water, mustard and pepper; simmer 20 minutes. Remove cheesecloth.
- Prepare medium banked fire in covered kettle-style grill.
- Grill ribs over indirect heat 1 ½ -2 hours, until tender.
- During last 5 minutes of grilling, brush ribs occasionally with maple glaze, turning to glaze evenly.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.