- 5 lb. Extra Meaty Pork Neck Bones, thawed
- 1 gallon cold water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano, divided
- 2 teaspoons cumin, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 (29-oz.) cans hominy, drained and rinsed
- 1 (28-oz.) can chile colorado or red enchilada sauce
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
Product:Pork Neck Bones
- Rinse neck bones; combine with water, salt, 1 tablespoon oregano and 1 teaspoon cumin in large pot. Bring to a boil; lower heat and simmer, partially covered, for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes. Skim off any foam that rises to the top.
- Remove neck bones from liquid; set aside. Strain liquid to remove any bones; pour liquid back into large pot. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oregano and 1 teaspoon cumin, garlic, onion, hominy, chile colorado, and black beans; stir. Simmer over low heat for 1 hour.
- Remove meat from neck bones; add back to sauce. Add salt to taste. Continue cooking over low heat until desired thickness is reached.
- Suggested Toppings: diced onion, diced jalapenos, chopped cilantro, sour cream and fresh lime wedges.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.