Mu Ping (Laos Grilled Pork Kabobs)
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro roots & stems
- ¼ cup chopped lemongrass
- 2 leaves kaffir lime
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. coarsely ground white pepper
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 3 lbs. Pork Butt, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Wooden skewers
DetailsBrands Offered: Farmland, Smithfield DURoC
Dish Type:Appetizer, Entrée
- Add all ingredients except pork to food processor in order listed, processing until smooth.
- Combine with pork cubes and marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour to overnight.
- Skewer pork and grill as desired; charcoal is preferable for flavor.
- Serve with steamed rice and vegetable of your choice. Traditional Laos – serve with sticky rice (khao niew) and green papaya salad.
To order, contact your Smithfield Farmland sales representative.