Pan-Seared Pork Flat Iron with Salsa Verde
- 4 ea. Pork Flat Iron
- 1 oz. Whole unsalted butter
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 3 oz. flat-leaf Italian parsley (cleaned without stems)
- 1 oz. fresh mint (cleaned without stems)
- 1 oz. fresh basil (cleaned without stems)
- 1 oz. capers
- 5 anchovy fillets
- 1 clove garlic
- Pinch kosher salt
- Pinch chili flakes
- Juice and zest from 1 lemon
- 4 oz. extra virgin olive oil
Product:Pork Flat Iron
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
- Salsa Verde: Chop anchovies, capers, garlic, and kosher salt together. Add herbs and continue chopping to achieve a uniform consistency. Transfer these ingredients to a small mixing bowl and add the chili flakes, zest and juice from lemon and extra virgin olive oil. Mix to combine and taste for salt and acidity. This condiment should have a bright acidity from the lemon and a fresh taste from the fresh herbs. The anchovies and capers are added for a salt component and should not be the main flavor.
- Pork Flat Iron: In a heavy bottom sauté pan heat a small amount of grapeseed oil over medium high heat. (This should be a sear and not a pan fry so the amount of oil is very minimal). Liberally season the Flat Iron with kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Sear on medium- high heat for three minutes without turning to develop some color. Flip and place in a 350°F degree oven for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and place back on stove-top. Add butter, rosemary, and thyme to pan and baste with a spoon. The residual heat will be sufficient and this step adds another depth of flavor to the finished product. Allow meat to rest for 3 minutes and slice against the grain.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.