Pork Burger with Apple Slaw
- 1 lb Ground Pork
- to taste Salt
- to taste Black pepper, coarse ground
- 3 ea. Celery ribs, diced
- 1 ea. Honeycrisp apple, cored
- 2 tsp. Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. White verju vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 1-1/2 tsp. Olive oil
- 1-1/2 tsp. Whole grain mustard
- 6 ea. Brioche buns, sliced
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
Dish Type:Entrée, Sandwich
- Begin by seasoning the ground pork with salt & pepper then forming the ground pork into round patties.
- Place burgers on a flat top grill or oiled sauté pan and sear on both sides until internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- To prepare the slaw, cut celery and apple into 2-inch-long thin slices.
- Whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, oil, mustard, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Add celery and apple; tossing to coat. Let stand 15 minutes to develop flavors.
- Slice the fresh brioche bun in half.
- To build one burger; place a slice of lettuce on the bottom bun, top with cooked pork patties and apple celery slaw.
- Top with remaining half of bun and serve warm.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 15 min.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.