Pork, Cheddar and Apple Panini
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 16 oz. Strap Off Center Cut Straight Loin
- 1/2 Tbsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Black pepper, coarse ground
- 4 Tbsp. Apricot preserves
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon-style mustard
- 8 slices Country wheat bread, 1/2-inch thick
- 2 Tbsp. Butter, softened
- 1 whole Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 4 oz. Sharp Cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
Dish Type:Entrée, Sandwich
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Pour olive oil into a medium sauté pan over medium high heat. Season Boneless Loin with salt and pepper and sear boneless loin evenly, browning all sides, approximately 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer boneless loin to a baking pan and finish in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 145°F. Remove from oven and let meat rest for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine apricot preserves and mustard. Set aside. Return to boneless loin and slice into 1/2-inch thick pieces.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread one side of each slice of bread with about 1 teaspoon of butter. Place bread slices, buttered sides down on a clean plate or parchment paper. Spread unbuttered sides with apricot-mustard mixture. Next, layer pork, apple, and cheese slices. Place remaining bread slices on top, buttered sides up, to form sandwiches.
- Cook on a sandwich Panini press, or skillet over medium heat, until each side is golden brown. Remove from pan and cut sandwiches in half before serving.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 30 min.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.