- 8 cups soy sauce
- 4 lbs. light brown sugar
- 32 oz. onion, chopped
- 16 pieces garlic
- 8 oz. ginger
- 4 cups mirin
Rack of Pork
- 1 Rack of Pork, 8 bone-in
- 2 qts. Galbi Marinade (recipe follows)
- 4 Tbsp. yuzu kosho (Japanese fermented yuzu paste)
- ½ cup cracked pistachios, for garnish
- 4 Tbsp. finely chopped chive, for garnish
DetailsBrands Offered: Farmland, Smithfield Culinary DURoC
Product:Rack of Pork
- To prepare Galbi Marinade: Mix all ingredients and whisk until sugar is completely dissolved.
- To prepare Rack of Pork: Remove silver skin and fatty tissue with sharp knife. Break down rack of pork by following the bones and cutting. Marinate pork in Galbi Marinade for 8–48 hours under refrigeration.
- To cook: Prepare grill. Preheat oven to 450°F. Place meat on grill for 3 minutes on each side. Remove and place in oven until internal temperature reaches 150°F. Remove from oven and brush with yuzu kosho. Sprinkle with pistachios and chives.
Chef’s note: Serve with roasted barley, rice, roasted potatoes or french fries.
To order, contact your Smithfield Farmland sales representative.