Pork Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1/2 cup seeded and diced cucumber
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill weed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2 teaspoons dried minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1 lb. Roasted & Seared Pork Shoulder
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 (8-inch) pita breads, heated
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 3/4 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup (4-oz.) crumbled feta cheese
Product:Roasted & Seared Pork Shoulder
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
Dish Type:Entrée, Sandwich
- Combine Tzatziki Sauce ingredients. Mix well; cover and refrigerate.
- In bowl combine olive oil, oregano, thyme, basil, marjoram, garlic, onion, salt and pepper; add pork and toss.
- Heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and water, and cover with lid, stirring occasionally.
Heat for about 5 minutes to 140°F.
- Divide pork evenly into heated pita bread. Top each gyro with shredded lettuce, tomato, feta and Tzatziki Sauce. Serve immediately.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.