Pork & Heirloom Tomato Hash, with Fried Egg and BBQ Hollandaise
- 1 lb. Ground Pork
- 2 shallots (sliced)
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced fine)
- 1 Tbsp. of fresh thyme (minced fine)
- 2 oz. of fresh basil (chiffonade)
- 1 heirloom tomato (medium dice)
- 4 potatoes (medium dice)
- 1 oz. of olive oil
- 3 oz. of cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. of BBQ spice
- 8 oz. of clarified butter (warm)
- 2 oz. of BBQ sauce
- 1 egg yolk
- 8 eggs
- 2 oz. of whole butter
- To taste salt and pepper
- Brown ground pork in a skillet, adding in shallot, garlic and thyme to sauté.
- In a separate pan, toss potatoes with olive oil and roast in a 350° F. oven until golden brown and cooked through.
- Cook vinegar in a small sauce pan reducing volume by 2/3. Place remaining vinegar, BBQ spice and egg yolk in a stainless bowl. Whisking quickly slowly drizzle in clarified butter to form a Hollandaise sauce. Fold in BBQ Sauce and reserve.
- Fry 8 eggs in whole butter until cooked to temperature desired.
- Combine potatoes, pork mixture, tomato and basil in the pork skillet sautéing quickly just to warm tomatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a spoonful of pork & heirloom tomato hash on each plate, top with one fried egg and drizzle with BBQ hollandaise sauce.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.