Pulled Pork Chili
- 3 1/2 pounds Roasted & Seared Pork Shoulder
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups homemade or store-bought low-sodium chicken stock
- 3 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large Spanish onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed, seeded and minced
- 4 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle beer, such as lager
- 2 (15-ounce) cans dark kidney beans, drained
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Hot sauce, Cholula or your favorite to taste
- Heat oil in a large pot over high heat until shimmering. Add pork and cook until browned, about 4 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, add tomato paste, light brown sugar, cumin, and Worcestershire sauce. Add onion, jalapeño, and garlic. Pour crushed tomatoes on top.
- Add ½ bottle of beer, gently stir in kidney beans.
- Cover and cook on low until pork falls-apart all the way, about 1 hour.
- Shred using forks. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add hot sauce for additional heat, if desired.
- Serve with sour cream, shredded Cheddar cheese, green onion, chopped cilantro, hot sauce or any of your favorite chili fixings.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.