Sausage Stuffed French Toast
- 6 (1.5-oz.) Breakfast Sausage Patties
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 (1-inch thick) slices French bread
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Cook sausage patties on griddle or in oven until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Slice 2-inch pocket in bread. Insert sausage patty; set aside.
- Melt butter in sauté pan over medium heat.
- Dip in egg mixture to coat all sides. Brown both sides evenly in melted butter. Repeat with remaining sausage and bread.
- To serve, top with maple syrup and powdered sugar.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.