Scandinavian Breakfast Bowl
- 3 large Yukon Potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 parsnips
- 2 green apples
- 1 large white onion
- 1 bunch fresh sage
- Canola-olive oil blend
- 6 Breakfast Sausage Patties
- Pinch allspice and nutmeg
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 eggs
- White vinegar, for poaching eggs
- 1 bunch parsley
- Swedish rye toast
DetailsBreakfast Sausage brands offered: Armour by Smithfield, Patrick Cudahy, John Morrell, Farmland
- Dice potatoes, sweet potatoes and parsnips into ½-inch cubes.
- Blanch in salted boiling water until just done—don’t overcook.
- Dice green apples and onion into ½-inch cubes, and cut sage into thin strips.
- In large cast iron skillet, add 2 to 3 Tbsp. canola-olive oil blend and turn up to high heat.
- Add sausage patties, and brown, breaking up into little pieces as they brown.
- Add potatoes, sweet potatoes, parsnips and onions, as well as sage strips and spices. Allow to brown a bit as well.
- Add green apples and chicken broth.
- Stir well and cook until chicken broth has reduced to nothing.
- Bring small pot of water to boil with salt and vinegar, and poach eggs.
- Place hash in bowls and serve topped with poached eggs and parsley. Place Swedish rye toast on the side.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.