Smoked Sausage Hash in Potato Skin
- 4 large potatoes, washed, divided
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. Cajun spice
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella and Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 6 Eckrich by Smithfield Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/4” pieces
- 1 large sweet onion, small diced
- 2 lemons, zested
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch chives, small dice
- Bake 2 potatoes in 400°F oven till tender.
- Scoop potatoes out of skins and deep-fry skin till crispy.
- Peel and dice 2 remaining potatoes and blanch in simmering water till tender.
- Heat heavy cream to simmer and add Cajun spice.
- Turn heat off cream and add cheese and parsley.
- Sauté potatoes, sausage, onions and lemon zest for 5 minutes until caramelized.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place filling in potato skins.
- Spoon cheese sauce over filling.
- Garnish with chives.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.