Southwest Breakfast Pork Burrito
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon ground Mexican oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 Farmland by Smithfield® Boneless Pork Butt (approx. 6 to 7 lbs.)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 oz. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 oz. julienne cut onions
- 1 oz. julienne cut green bell peppers
- 1 oz. diced tomatoes
- 2 (8-inch) flour tortillas warmed
Dish Type:Entrée, Sandwich
- To make carnita seasoning, combine first 7 seasonings; set aside.
- Heat convection oven to 300°F. Place Farmland Pork Butt in 10x12x2-inch roasting pan. Season entire roast with 2 tablespoons carnita seasoning. Cover with foil. Roast 3 1/2 hours until internal temperature reaches 195°F. Allow to rest 30 minutes. Shred pork by hand, discard fat; set aside.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil, sauté onions and bell peppers until tender. Add 3 oz. shredded pork, tomatoes and 1/2 teaspoon carnita seasoning until heated through.
- Return skillet to medium heat, add 1 teaspoon vegetable oil. Add beaten egg and cook until set. Stir in cheese. Set aside; keep warm.
- Spoon egg and pork mixture down center of tortilla. Fold burrito style to serve.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.