Soy Ginger-Glazed Pork Butts
Soy Ginger Glaze
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 1/4 cup fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1/4 cup sambal chili paste
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup barley malt syrup or agave syrup
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup minced scallions
Farmland by Smithfield® Boneless Pork Butts
- 1 5-6 lb. Farmland by Smithfield® Boneless Pork Butt (cut in 1 lb. chunks blocks)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (low sodium)
- 1/2 tbsp. coarse black pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Soy-Ginger Glaze (as needed – recipe below)
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
- Soy Ginger Glaze: Sweat ginger and garlic with canola oil. Add sambal, soy sauce, barley malt, honey and scallions and bring to a simmer. Blend with burr mixer. Chill to 40°F degrees.
- Cut pork shoulder into approximately 1 lb. chunks and marinate with low sodium soy sauce and black pepper. Sear Pork pieces on all sides on griddle or heavy sauté pan. Place in 2 inch or 4 inch hotel pans with water. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and aluminum foil and bake in oven at 300°F for 2 hours to 2 hour 15 minutes. Transfer to a tray lined w parchment paper. Brush with glaze and place in 450°F degrees oven. Continuously glaze pork chunks while cooking for approximately 15 to 18 more minutes. Slice and serve or cool to 40°F degrees.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.