Sweet Tea Braised Pork Butt
- 9 lb. Boneless Pork Butt
- 2 qts. sweet tea concentrate
- 2 qts. simple syrup
- 2 carrots
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 onion
- 3 dried chilies de arbol
- 2 springs thyme
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 oz. grapeseed oil
- 8 cups shredded Brussels sprouts
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 4 oz. butter
- Make braising liquid: combine sweet tea and simple syrup. Place seasoned shoulder on bed of mirepoix in braising pan. Add braising liquid and thyme. Wrap in plastic wrap and foil. Cook for 4-1/2 hours at 350° F.
- Remove the pork shoulder from the braising liquid, strain the liquid through a chinois.
- Place liquid in medium pot, add dried chillies. Reduce liquid until a thick syrup, able to coat the back of a spoon.
- Place grapeseed oil into hot sauté pan. Add Brussels sprouts and sauté until they start to caramelize.
- Add cream and reduce until thick and finish with butter. The sauce should be thick and creamy, not runny at all.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.