Tagliatelle with Pork Ragu
- 8 oz. Farmland by Smithfield Smoke’NFast® Roasted & Seared Pork Shoulder, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. yellow onion, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp. carrot, peeled and finely minced
- 1 Tbsp. celery, peeled and finely minced
- 1 Tbsp. Prosciutto, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp. chicken livers, cleaned and chopped
- Kosher salt to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp. Porcini mushrooms, fresh or frozen, small dice
- 1/2 cup dry, red Italian wine
- 1 cup San Marzano tomatoes, peeled and blanched
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 16 oz. Tagliatelle pasta, fresh or dried, cooked al dente
- 6 oz. Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
Product:Roasted & Seared Pork Shoulder
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
- In a heavy bottom pot, add the butter and extra virgin olive oil and heat over a high flame. When the mixture begins to foam, add the onions, carrots and celery. Cook until the vegetables have become soft and lightly golden.
- Add the pork, prosciutto and chicken livers. Season to taste with kosher salt and ground black pepper. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the porcini mushrooms and red wine. Cook until the wine is almost dry.
- Add the tomatoes and water and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the flame to low and cover the pot.
- Place the covered pot into a pre-heated 275° F oven for 1 hour. The ragu should have a medium thick consistency and a light brown color. If the ragu is too dry add some additional water.
- Adjust seasoning and add the heavy cream and simmer for 5 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning and turn the flame off.
- In a heavy bottom pan, add the pork ragu and simmer on a low flame.
- Add the cooked al dente tagliatelle and simmer for a brief moment. Add half the amount of grated Parmigiano Reggiano, toss.
- Arrange onto a plate and sprinkle with the remaining cheese and serve immediately.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.