Pot Roast Tacos
- 2 lbs pot roast, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp Baja spice
- 4 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 1/3 cup jalapeños, sliced into thin rounds, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 2 cups grated queso fresco
- 2 to 3 avocados, cleaned and peeled
- Chipotle Glaze, recipe follows
- 20 to 24 street white corn tortillas
- 3 or 4 limes, juiced
- salt, to taste
- lime wedges, for garnish
- cilantro leaves, for garnish
- 1/4 cup minced Spanish onion
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 cups ground, pureed or chopped fine canned tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped and minced canned chipotle peppers in adobo
- 1/4 cup light agave syrup
- salt and pepper, to taste
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
Dish Type:Entrée, Sandwich
- Trim pot roast of any fat. Cut roast into large chunks, return to juices, and reheat with Baja spice.
- Mix cabbage, jalapeños, red bell pepper and cilantro to make slaw.
- Cook Chipotle Glaze as directed (see following).
- Place cooked pot roast in small baking dish, and top with Chipotle Glaze.
- Place in hot oven or under broiler to heat and cook glaze.
- Heat tortillas on griddle or grill.
- Toss cabbage slaw with lime juice and salt.
- Place all ingredients on large platter.
- Garnish with lime wedges, cilantro leaves, avocado and queso fresco.
- For Chipotle Glaze, sauté minced onions in oil until golden; add garlic, canned tomatoes, chipotle peppers and agave syrup.
- Bring to boil, turn to low, and simmer until thick (about 20 to 30 minutes). Season.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.