Crispy Pork Belly with Polenta Cakes
- 2 4-oz. pieces Pork Belly, cooked, seared until crispy
- 2 Polenta Cakes (recipe to follow)
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1/4 cup Goat Cheese Fonduta (recipe to follow)
- 1 Roma tomato, roasted
- 1/2 red onion, quartered, roasted
- 1 Tbsp. fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup polenta
- salt and pepper, to taste
Goat Cheese Fonduta
- 4 oz. goat cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
- In sautė pan, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add prepared Polenta Cakes and sear both sides until golden brown.
- Combine roasted onions, tomatoes and oregano in separate bowl. Season to taste.
- To serve: Place Polenta cakes, spoon Goat Cheese Fonduta on plate. Top with pork belly and roasted tomato-onion mixture.
- Combine water and milk in sauce pot over medium heat.
- Bring to slight simmer and whisk in polenta slowly.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, switch to a wooden spoon and stir constantly until polenta no longer tastes gritty.
- Transfer to lightly greased baking dish and chill for 1 hour. Cut into 3” x 3” squares.
In medium bowl, whisk goat cheese until smooth and creamy. Add heavy cream to combine.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.