Ham and Cheese Pastry
- 8-10 frozen puff pastry squares, defrosted
- 2 Tbsp. Creole mustard
- ¾ lb. ham, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg and 1 Tbsp. water for egg wash
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
Dish Type:Appetizer, Entrée
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Roll out 1 puff pastry sheet onto greased baking sheet.
- Spread thin layer of Creole mustard on top of pastry, then add layer of ham, and sprinkle on layer of cheese. Leave about 1-inch along edge of pastry which will be pinched to seal pastry.
- Prepare an egg wash by mixing egg and water together with fork.
- Brush inside pastry edges with egg wash.
- Put second layer of pastry over top, and press down lightly along edges with your fingers or fork to form seal.
- Cut several slits into top pastry sheet.
- Brush top with remaining egg wash.
- Bake on center rack for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.