Pork Belly Chilaquiles
- Olive oil, as needed, divided
- 4 cups Tomatillo Salsa Verde (recipe follows)
- 4 cups fried tortilla chips
- 8 eggs
- 16 oz Pork Belly, smoked and cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 Tbsp BBQ Seasoning Mix (recipe follows)
- 8 Tbsp cilantro leaves, chopped, for garnish
- 8 Tbsp sour cream, for garnish
- 2 limes, sliced, for garnish
- 2 avocados, sliced, for garnish
- 1 cup sliced red onion, for garnish
- In large sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil till warm, and add in Tomatillo Salsa Verde.
- Cook sauce for 30 seconds until it has just come up to a simmer.
- Place tortilla chips into pan with simmering sauce, and begin to toss together.
- In separate nonstick pan, place small amount of oil, warm pan, crack two eggs at a time into pan, and leave on medium-low heat until cooked sunny-side up.
- Place pork belly pieces in 350°F fryer to crisp up before tossing with BBQ Seasoning Mix.
- Continue to mix sauce and tortilla chips. (The chips will absorb the sauce, which is OK.)
- To plate dish, start with a bed of tortilla chips. Top will additional ladle of Tomatillo Salsa Verde.
- For each plate, 2 sunny-side up eggs go on top of chilaquiles. Pork belly goes on top of eggs.
- Cilantro, sour cream, lime, avocados and red onions can all be used as garnish on top and around chilaquiles.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.