Applewood Smoked Country Ham Hash
- 2 cups Applewood Smoked Country Ham, finely diced
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 medium boiled potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 tsp. salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp. green onion
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 fried eggs (optional)
- Melt butter in a large cast-iron skillet over medium low to medium heat.
- Add onion; cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the diced bell peppers, cook another 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except for parsley, green onion, cheese and eggs; mix well.
- Cook hash until well browned, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While your hash is cooking, crack two eggs into separate pan and cook over medium heat until yolks are done to your liking.
- Top the hash with the cheese, parsley and green onion and allow to cook for a minute or two so the cheese begins to melt.
- Divide among 4 plates and top each plate with two fried eggs, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
To order, contact your Smithfield Farmland sales representative.