Ham & Cantaloupe Breakfast Salad
- 24 slices of Ham (very thinly sliced)
- 1 cantaloupe (very thinly sliced)
- 6 cups of arugula
- 2 oz. Parmesan cheese (thinly shaved)
- ¼ cup of sunflower seeds (shelled)
- 1 oz. of brown sugar
- 2 tsp. of melted butter
- 3 oz. of cider vinegar
- 6 oz. of salad oil
- ½ tbsp. of yellow mustard
- 1 oz. of fresh parsley (minced fine)
- To taste salt and pepper
- Toast Sunflower Seeds over medium heat with butter and brown sugar, careful not to burn. Coat the Sunflower Seeds well by tossing to “candy”. Reserve.
- Combine Parsley, Mustard and Vinegar in a bowl. Quickly whisking, slowly drizzle Salad Oil to form emulsified vinaigrette. Reserve
- Combine the Ham, Cheese, Arugula and Cantaloupe tossing with vinaigrette made in step 2, seasoning with Salt & Pepper. Top with candied Sunflower Seeds.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.