Ham & Corn Chowder Pizza
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 oz. diced bacon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium red potatoes, medium diced
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 pack premade pizza crust
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 14 oz. can corn
- 12 oz. diced ham
- 2 oz. chives, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
- In medium saucepan, add olive oil and place over medium heat on stovetop. Add bacon to saucepan and begin to render,stirring often until bacon is crispy.
- Once crispy, remove bacon from pan and place onto a paper towel–lined plate. When bacon is removed from pan, leave remaining bacon fat, and add in garlic to sweat for 1 minute.
- Add in potatoes and continue to cook with garlic for about 3 minutes without browning garlic. Add in heavy cream, and bring to boil.
- Once it comes to boil, turn down heat to a slow simmer and add thyme and pinch of salt while letting sauce reduce for approximately 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove thyme and let sauce cool.
- To build pizza, use roughly 6 oz. of cream sauce with potatoes as base, and spread evenly in a circular motion onto pizza crust. Add shredded mozzarella, corn and ham to pizza.
- Place in preheated oven of 450˚F for 15 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly. Remove pizza from oven and sprinkle crispy bacon and chives on it.
- Slice pizza and serve.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.