Pepperoni Burrata Tartine
- 6 oz zucchini
- 4 oz extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 ¾-inch-sliced sourdough boule
- 2 fresh garlic cloves
- 2 packages fresh burrata
- 1 large ripe heirloom tomato, sliced
- 6 oz All-Natural Sliced Pepperoni
- 2 oz reduced balsamic vinegar or Saba
- 2 oz fresh basil, torn
- Sea salt and fresh-cracked black pepper
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
Dish Type:Appetizer, Entrée
- Slice zucchini into ¼-inch lengthwise pieces, drizzle with 2 oz olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill zucchini on both sides, and set aside.
- Rub fresh garlic on sourdough bread, and drizzle with remaining 2 oz extra virgin olive oil on both sides.
- Toast bread on both sides.
- Assemble tartine by slicing burrata in half and spreading it evenly on sourdough slices.
- Place heirloom tomato slices, zucchini pieces and pepperoni on bread slices.
- Drizzle with Saba, add basil, and season with sea salt and fresh-cracked pepper.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.