Smoked Brisket Biscuit
- 4 Buttermilk Biscuits (recipe follows)
- 1 lb Curly’s by Smithfield® Smoked Brisket
- Jalapeño Pimento Cheese (recipe follows)
- Black Garlic BBQ Sauce (recipe follows)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Melted butter, as needed
- Smoked salt, as needed
Jalapeño Pimento Cheese:
- 1/2 lb sharp cheddar, grated
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup diced roasted red peppers
- 1/3 cup diced pickled jalapeños
- 1 tsp Lawry’s® Seasoned Salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Black Garlic BBQ Sauce:
- 1 head black garlic
- 2 cups BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup water
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
- Cut biscuits in half, and place in 350°F oven to warm.
- Slice brisket, and portion into 8 even portions.
- Top each portion with 1 ounce Black Garlic BBQ Sauce, and place in oven to warm sauce through.
- Place brisket and sauce on bottom half of biscuit, and add 2 ounces
- Jalapeño Pimento Cheese on top of biscuit. Top the sandwich, and wrap for grab & go.
- For Buttermilk Biscuits, combine all dry ingredients. Add in butter in small hazelnut-sized pieces.
- Make a well, pour in buttermilk, and mix with fingers to combine.
- Roll out to half-inch thickness and cut with ring cutter.
- Bake at 350°F for 12-16 minutes. Brush with butter, and top with smoked salt.
- For Jalapeño Pimento Cheese, combine all ingredients in bowl, and reserve.
- For Black Garlic BBQ Sauce, mix all ingredients in blender.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.