Torta de Milanesa
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground white pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 Pork Medallions
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 bolillo rolls
- Shredded lettuce
- Sliced tomatoes
Meal Course:Breakfast, Lunch
- Place medallions between two sheets of plastic wrap. Using flat meat mallet, pound to 3/4-inch thickness.
- Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, garlic, salt and pepper in shallow dish; set aside.
- Place beaten eggs and flour in two separate bowls.
- Place pounded pork medallions in flour, shaking off any excess. Dip in beaten eggs. Place in breadcrumb mixture, applying minimal pressure until both sides are covered.
- Combine olive oil and butter in medium skillet. Heat over low heat until butter is melted. Add medallions to pan and cook on both sides until golden brown and internal temperature reaches 145° F. Let stand several minutes before serving. Serve on a toasted bolillo roll and top with lettuce and tomatoes.
To order, contact your Smithfield Farmland sales representative.