Buffalo Chicken Balls
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup Buffalo Sauce (recipe below)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 cups shredded Colby–Monterey Jack
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. Creole seasoning
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- Oil for frying
- 8 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
Product:Roasted & Seared Chicken
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
- In bowl, combine cream cheese and Buffalo Sauce. Stir in chicken, mixing well; then incorporate shredded cheese. Shape into balls, and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Using three medium bowls, in one, place flour, salt, garlic and Creole seasoning. In another, add eggs and milk, beating well. In last, add bread crumbs.
- Preheat oil to 365°F.
- Roll chicken ball in flour, shaking off any excess, then dredge in egg wash, and finally coat with bread crumbs, shaking off excess. Fry in oil 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Drain on plate covered with paper towels.
- For Buffalo Sauce, melt butter over low heat, add hot sauce and Worcestershire, and remove from heat. Stir well.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.