Cajun Sausage Melt
- 2 (2-oz). Wide Southern Sausage Patties
- 2 oz. thinly sliced bell pepper
- 1 oz. thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 oz. sweet hot mustard
- 1 (8-inch) hoagie bun
- 2 (1/2 oz.) slices pepper jack cheese
Dish Type:Entrée, Sandwich
- Cook sausage patties on grill or in oven until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Meanwhile, sauté vegetables and Cajun seasoning in oil until tender-crisp.
- Spread mustard onto bottom half of hoagie bun. Layer veggies and 1 slice cheese on top. Place 1 slice cheese and sausage on top half of bun.
- Broil until cheese is melted. Close sandwich to serve.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.