- 6 oz. pizza dough ball
- Flour for rolling
- 2 oz. ricotta cheese
- 4 basil leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup diced roasted tomatoes
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 slices Capicola
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1 oz. Parmesan, shaved
Dish Type:Entrée, Sandwich
- Preheat grill or oven to 375°F.
- Dust pizza dough with flour and roll into rough oval or rectangle shape (approx. 1/8” thick).
- Combine ricotta cheese with basil leaves and season with salt and pepper. Spread ricotta-basil mixture on pizza dough, leaving 1/2” crust.
- Add roasted tomatoes to pizza and spread evenly.
- Grill (or bake on sheet tray) for approximately 4 minutes. Crack egg onto center of dough and bake for 6-8 more minutes or until egg is cooked through and crust is brown.
- Top with capicola, arugula and shaved Parmesan.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.