Pork Churrasco with Chimichurri
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Mexican oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 12 2 oz. Boneless Pork Shoulder Steaks
(cut from bone-in Pork Butts)
- 2 cups chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup chopped cilantro (fresh)
- 1/2 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 6 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Dish Type:Appetizer, Entrée
- To make Latin rub, combine first 7 seasonings; set aside.
- Season each side of pork shoulder steak with ¼ teaspoon extra virgin olive oil and ¼ teaspoon Latin rub. Refrigerate 2 hours. (May use remaining rub for brine as noted below.)
- Prepare Chimichurri sauce: Combine the fresh herbs and garlic in a food processor and finely chop. Add the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, water salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes; process to make a thick sauce. Add additional salt or vinegar to attain desired flavor. Set aside.
- On pre-heated char grill, place pork steak over medium/high heat for approximately 5 minutes on each side until pork is cooked to desired temperature.
- Thread pork on skewer and serve with Chimichurri sauce.
Note: To enhance flavor and tenderness, brining is recommended. Try adding remaining Latin rub into brine for additional flavoring.
To order, contact your Smithfield Farmland sales representative.