Fig-Stuffed Pork Loin with Roasted Vegetables and Herbes de Provence
- 2 ½ pound Boneless Pork Loin Roast
- ¼ cup Dijon-style mustard
- ½ tsp. garlic, pressed or minced
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 cup figs, packed, stemmed and halved (6 ounces)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp. Herbes de Provence, OR Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 Tbsp. capers, drained OR finely chopped parsley (optional)
- 1 ½ pounds carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 medium shallots, peeled
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. dried Herbes de Provence, OR Italian herb seasoning
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
Product:Pork Loin Roast
- Combine all stuffing ingredients except capers in small saucepan. Bring to simmer over medium heat. Cover and simmer 1 minute. Uncover and stir until wine evaporates, about 1 minute. Stir in capers.
Pork Loin and Glaze
- Arrange rack in lower third of oven. Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Stand roast on end and insert thin-bladed knife down center of loin to make 1 ½ -inch opening all the way through.
- Pack stuffing into center opening, working from both ends of roast. In small bowl, combine glaze ingredients and spread mixture over pork.
Roasted Vegetables and Pork Loin
- In oiled 9 x 13-inch baking pan, combine vegetables and seasonings. Spread in pan.
- Place stuffed pork on vegetables. Roast 15 minutes; reduce oven temperature to 350°F and continue roasting 40 minutes, or until instant-read thermometer registers 145°F.
- Transfer roast to carving board, tent with foil and let rest 15 minutes. (While roast rests, return vegetables to oven; keep oven on to continue cooking or turn oven off and keep vegetables warm.)
- Slice roast and arrange on serving platter. Surround with vegetables.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.