Orecchiette with Cauliflower, Bacon and Anchovies
- 8 oz Bacon, cut 1” wide
- 1 lb. Orecchiette pasta
- 1 lb. white cauliflower florets
- 4 anchovy filets
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 oz. Extra Virgin olive oil
- Place anchovies, oil and red pepper in a pan and warm up until anchovies disintegrate into a paste.
- Cook orecchiette and cauliflower in boiling water.
- While pasta is cooking, in a sauté pan, cook bacon until lightly brown.
- Strain pasta reserving 4-5 tablespoons of cooking water and toss with the bacon, along with the fat.
- To serve, place pasta on a plate and drizzle the anchovy paste over it.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.