Pappardelle with Smoked Pork Ragu
- 1 1/2 lbs. Roasted & Seared Pork Shoulder
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup white onions, diced
- ½ cup carrots, diced
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 14 oz. can of crushed tomatoes
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- 1 cup red wine
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 lb. Pappardelle
- In a large sauté pan, heat cooking oil.
- Add onions & garlic, cook until translucent.
- Add carrots & celery, cook for 8 minutes.
- Tie rosemary, oregano & bay leaf in a bundle; add to the sauté pan with tomatoes, cloves, nutmeg & red wine.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add shredded pork and stir, heat for 5 additional minutes. If ragu is too dry, add a small amount of water.
- Cook pasta until al dente.
- Divide pasta on six plates. Add a ladle of ragu on each plate. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.