Pork Chop with Bacon Gravy and Breakfast Potatoes
- 8 Boneless Pork Chops
- 1 gallon water
- 1 cup Kosher salt
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. black peppercorns
- Juice and zest of 4 lemons
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 lb. Bacon, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup whole milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 5 lbs. Russet potatoes, washed
- 1 bunch scallions, minced
Product:Bacon, Pork Chops
- Combine brine ingredients and make sure sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Let pork chops brine for 2 hours or as long as 24 hours.
- After chops have brined, rinse in cool water and store in a refrigerator until ready to cook.
- When ready to prepare pork chops, season with salt and pepper and grill to desired temperature.
- Render bacon over medium heat, add onion and cook until soft.
- Whisk in flour and cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Deglaze with chicken stock and reduce by ½, add milk and cook until desired consistency.
- Season with salt, pepper, and fresh thyme. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Cut potatoes into large dice.
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes in canola oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in a 400°F. oven for 30 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through and golden brown.
- When ready to serve reheat potatoes in a 400° F. oven or in a sauté pan with 1 Tbsp. canola oil.
- Toss with finely minced scallions and serve.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.