Skinny Pork Meatloaf Melt
- 2 pounds Ground Pork
- 1/2 cup small diced peeled carrots
- 1/2 cup small diced yellow pepper
- 3/4 cups small diced yellow onion
- 1/4 cup small diced celery
- 1/3 cup small diced roasted seeded poblano peppers
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced basil
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cups toasted bread crumbs
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups basil pesto
- 24 slices white sandwich bread
- 24 slices Swiss cheese
- 12 slices tomato
- 36 slices avocado
Dish Type:Entrée, Sandwich
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine all meatloaf ingredients and mix till thoroughly incorporated.
- Spray a 9” x 4” loaf pan with pan primer and pack meatloaf mixture into the pan.
- Bake until a thermometer registers 145°F, about 45 minutes. Let cool completely and refrigerate until cold. Slice into 12 slices.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread 1 tablespoon of pesto on each slice of 12 slices of bread. Cover pesto with 1 slice of cheese, 1 slice of meatloaf, 1slice of tomato and 3 slices of avocado. Close the sandwiches. In a large non-stick skillet or preheated griddle or flattop melt 2 tablespoons of butter and griddle sandwiches until browned on both sides, turning once.
- Alternative idea: brown meatloaf slices in skillet, top with cheese, melt under salamander and top with scrambled eggs and cherry tomato relish.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.